Monday, June 18, 2012

Red, White and Blue... Cookies!

So I've made homemade Oreos before which are fantastic. These cookies are made the same way.  I found an Etsy shop that sells them, this is my version of that idea.

Start with a white cake mix.  Mix 2 eggs and 3/4 c. Shortening.  Separate batter into 3 bowls  to color. I liked having more white than the other colors, but you could have as much in each as you want.  Mix red food coloring one bowl and blue in another.  Roll a ball of white batter, then pick up some red and blue and gently mix together (be careful to not mix too much or you may end up with a purple cookie).  Roll into a ball. Bake at 350 deg for 10 min (I find this is the perfect time for my oven-adjust as you need to) these should be soft.  Let cool then frost. They are pretty easy, but take a little more time than homemade Oreos.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment