Friday, January 18, 2013

Blog Feature Etsy Shop GatzBcn

Start by telling the readers a little bit about yourself.
My name is Anna and I was born in Girona, Spain, very close to France. However, I am living in México City temporarily because my boyfriend is from there. I am 23 years old and I studied a degree in Humanities in Universitat Pompeu Fabra, in Barcelona. I love reading and traveling.

Do you have a favorite piece that you have made?
I loved a custom order I made for a man who wanted to give as a Christmas present to his wife a little story. He wrote the story, a Swedish girl illustrated it and I bookbinded it. He also requested a shiho chitsu, which is a Japanese type of case to keep it. The ending result was so beautiful in my opinion! I would have loved to keep it for myself. Unluckily, we were on a rush because Christmas was close and I finished it at night, so my pictures are horrible.
My second favourite is this journal that I gave to my boyfriend as a gift:
He loves the movies from the origins of the cinema, specially Méliès' films. I thought he would love this paper, so I did this Belgian binding for him. He loved it! And so did I.

Describe your workspace...
The flat where I am living is quite small, so I work in a table and keep my materials in another room. On the table you can see my laptop, a box that helps me keep my tools organized, a cutting board and some journals in project. Four have the covers and the block for the inside and are going to be bound journals; then there is a pile with cardboard and fabric cut, ready to be glued and to become the covers of four Belgian journals. You can also see a leather journal waiting to have some pictures taken and a little wood press with some papers in it.


When you are not working on your crafts, what else do you like to do?
I love reading. I am currently reading La Celestina, a Medieval classic by Fernando de Rojas.

Lastly, do you have any advice for fellow crafters/entrepreneurs just starting out?
Well, I actually consider that I myself am starting out. Even though it says my shop is two years old, I could only start working full time in it when I finished school, last June.
First, I would advise them not to despair if the beginnings are slow. Trust what you are doing and don't be afraid to spend time and money in it.
Secondly, I would tell them not to expect Etsy to do everything for them. They also have to move in social networks because they are a good source of views: Twitter, Facebook, DeviantArt, blogs, Tumblr, Pinterest,... It is important.

Here is a picture of Anna and her sister. The one on the left is Anna.

Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/GatzBcn
My blog: gatzbcn.blogspot.com
My facebook page: www.facebook.com/pages/Gatz/211477362220254
My deviantArt: gatzbcn.deviantart.com
My tumblr: gatzbcn.tumblr.com
My pinterest: Layra Leopluredon (that's my facebook name... a personal joke with some friends)
My twitter: @ChatAvecChapeau

Thank you Anna for sharing!

1 comment: