Friday, January 25, 2013

Esty Shop Feature-Ceraminic

This weeks Etsy Shop Feature is Ceramic, or Ildi.  It has been so great to get to know her. I love her shop!
 
Start by telling the readers a little bit about yourself.

It was 7 years ago that my life took a major turn, when we moved from Budapest (the capital of Hungary) to a small town in the Netherlands. I stopped with my full time job, where I worked as an economist at a marketing agency.

I’m a proud mom of two girls. I realized that I have plenty of time for my daughters and myself. I wanted to learn English, I started volunteering at the school and joined two clubs. One was a local pottery club, and the other was an International Ladies Club. Now I’m a happy chairman of the Ladies Club and an enthusiast ceramic shop owner on Etsy.

Do you have a favorite piece that you have made?
I feel like sometimes I am still a child at heart, so I like my fruit plates the most, the frog dish and the cat spoon rests. My hubby is a fan of my owl collection and my girls love to wear my ceramic jewelry.

Now my focus is 1oo% on my new Wedding Gifts and Decorations Collection.

 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Describe your workspace...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yes, yes…..this is something new in my life: I have a Hobby Room, a small place with a great view. Imagine, before I used to work in a local Arts Center and in my kitchen, so my life was always cleaning and packing……now I am very grateful to have a separate room to work.

When you are not working on your crafts, what else do you like to do?

Our International Community is changing every year, thus people are coming and leaving. We help new members to feel better about themselves here, organize different programs, craft projects, Charity Lunches, dinners, family days, one day and long weekend trips in Europe.
I’m also a member of a Walking Group. This is a big challenge for me, because it it is always raining here….
I love to go biking with my husband; it is a fun, relaxing time for us☺

Lastly, do you have any advice for fellow crafters/entrepreneurs just starting out?

1) First of all, join in to your favorite Teams. One of mine is the SOS Team. I found great Treasury games here and the new Business Topics are great extra help every week. We all want to take better pictures, use the most relevant title and find the best tags…

2) Make Treasuries regularly and ask successful sellers who have more experience. It’s not a joke, we are a social community too, most of the shop owners are very kind and helpful☺

3) Don’t hesitate to fill your shop up with hundred(s) of items and use social medias.


You can find Ceramic here:

Etsy shop:





 


2 comments: