Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Recipe for Glitter Playdough

Today I'm going to share one of my very favorite recipes. Homemade playdough. I like to add extra fine glitter to it to make glitter playdough! The kids love it! 

Here is the recipe:
2 c. Flour
1 c. Salt
4 t. cream of tarter
2 T. cooking oil (I use olive oil, you could use any vegetable oil)
2 c. water
food coloring
extra fine glitter

Mix all dry ingredients (including extra fine glitter) in a bowl. 
(this picture you can't see the glitter, but I did add it here. I added an extra fine iridescent silver glitter)
In a pan, add water, food coloring and oil. Bring to a boil. Pour into dry ingredients and mix together.
(this is the boiled water and the dry ingredients before I mixed them.)


 Knead like bread dough (with hands-it is hot so I mix with a spoon until it cools enough to touch). The more you knead the smoother and nicer the playdough gets. Makes quite a bit (you can do a half recipe).
Here is the finished playdough. The glitter doesn't show well in the picture, but makes the playdough fun and sparkly. 

Store in a zip lock back. Can be used over and over as long as it is kept in an airtight container. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment